Product Care & Tips
HOW TO CARE PLATED JEWELLERY
All plated jewellery will rust over time and eventually lose its colour.
These are the simple tips to prolong its life and keep your jewellery in good condition.
- Avoid getting water and perfumes/lotions on it.
- Clean after use, with a soft dry cloth to remove skin oils and dust.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in a zip lock bag or a jewellery box - the sun will discolour and air will oxidize the piece.
- Your lifestyle, climate and wearing over time will eventually age the pieces.
- As long as you keep those tips it will maintain the colour for a long time.
Never clean or wash the plated piece.
HOW TO CARE STERLING SILVER JEWELLERY
925 sterling silver is easier to take care than plated pieces.
Sterling silver also tarnishes though, especially when exposed to salt air and products containing sulfur. However, there are many ways to clean it off.
- Wipe clean with a soft dry cloth or rub it with your fingers often.
- You can use soap and water to clean the silver.
- Store in a zip lock bag or a jewellery box when not in use.
- Can be washed with *liquid silver cleaner.
- 925 sterling silver that is regularly used typically needs less care, so I encourages to use or wear the silver piece every day.
Please remember not to rub or wipe the silver other than a soft cloth and your finger.
How to use the liquid silver cleaner :
- Put the silver in the liquid cleaner.
- Keep in the liquid for about 30 seconds.
- Take it out of the cleaner liquid and rinse it with water before cleansing it with a soft cloth. After cleaning, you should use a dryer and completely remove any water or moisture before storing.
- Although it is slightly acidic, it may cause allergic reaction if contact with hands. You should use tweezers to avoid this happens.
Never clean the silver piece which are plated with gold, platinum or rose gold.
TIPS FOR FINDING YOUR RING SIZE
- Measure your finger in warm temperatures at the end of the day.
- When considering a wide band, move up a size from your measurement, for comfort’s sake.
- Your ring size will be about half a size larger on your primary hand (i.e., the hand you write with).
- You can also measure the circumference of ring you already have for more accurate measurements and compare the measurements with the chart attached.
©2012-2015 BK & JIO. All Rights Reserved. All content including photography and original content is owned by BK & JIO and shall not be copied, reproduced, downloaded or distributed without expressed permission of BK & JIO.